After graduating from Falun Conservatoire of Music, Kristine was accepted as a 17 year old to the Royal College of Music in Stockholm, where she studied recorder and baroque flute under the guidance of Dan Laurin, Björg Ollén and Clas Pehrsson. Kristine received her Masters Degree 2012, and has been working as a freelance musician ever since.
She has been active in a number of her own ensembles, touring as a soloist as well ass and participated in numerous orchestral productions together with Drottningholms barockensemble, among others. Kristine has several times performed as a soloist with orchestra under her own guidance and with concert masters as Rachel Podger (August 2015). She has won fine scholarships from The Royal Swedish Academy of Music and Swedish Arts Grants Committee, among others, within both the fields of Early Music and Folk Music. She was a winner of Stockholm International Music Competition 2010, finalist in Yamaha Scandinavia’s competition for wind instrumentalists 2012, finalist in the Chamber Music Biennial Ung&Lovande 2013 as well as in the early music competition Ear-Ly 2014 and 2016, which she also won together with the ensemble Bastard Baroque i 2014.
In April 2016 Kristine released her debute album “Recorder”, and in October 2016 she will come out with a second album – Flute Sonatas by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Upper secondary education at The Falun Conservatory of Music, in the specially designed programme for classical music, 2005-2007.
- Bachelor education at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm with prof. Dan Laurin 2007-2010 and recorder as main subject. Simultaneous studies in baroque flute with Björg Ollén.
- Bachelors degree in music 2010.
- Accepted to master educations in baroque flute and recorder, spring 2010.
- Continued studying recorder on masters level, with the baroque flute closely related.
- Masters degree in music 2012, after studies with prof. Clas Pehrsson and Björg Ollén.
- One year of Swedish Folk Music studies at the Royal College of Music, 2014-2015.
- Master classes in baroque flute playing and interpretation with Barthold Kuijken and Marc Hantai.
- “Grand Prix”, and a special award in Stockholm International Music Competition 2010 together with the guitarrist Johan Jonsson.
- Finalist in Yamaha Scandinavia competition for wind instrumentalists, february 2012, Oslo, Norway.
- Final in the Chamber Music Biennial Ung&Lovande 2013, together with Ensemble Flautino.
- Final in NORDEM’s ensemble competition Ear-Ly 2014 and 2016. Winner with Bastard Baroque 2014.
- Hälsinge Academy Cultural Scolarship 2005, as the youngest holder in the Academy’s history.
- Falun Conservatory of Music’s scholarship 2007.
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Music’s scholarship in 2008 and 2010.
- Vadstena Academy scholarship 2010.
- The Sandrew Foundation’s cultural scholarship 2011.
- The Royal College of Music in Stocholm’s student-scholarship in 2011.
- Cultural scholarship from Johanneslogen S:t Eriks jubelårsfond 2011.
- First price in the Royal Academy of Music in Stockholm’s awards for musicians of period instruments 2011.
- Ensemble Flautino, Kristines baroque trio, won the annual Ensemble Scholarship from the Royal Academy of Music in 2013.
- Scholarships from the Royal Academy of Music in both Early Music and Folk Music, 2012 and 2013.
- Swedish Early Music Society scholarship 2013.
- Sandrew Foundation cultural scholarship 2014.
- Gertrude & Ivar Philipson Foundation scholarship 2014.
- Helge Ax:son Johnson Foundation scholarship 2014.
- Swedish Arts Grants Committee – artist scholarship 2014 & 2016.
- Swedish Arts Council – fonogram support for the album “Recorder”
Artistic work experience
- Solo recitals in chamber music- and soloist evenings.
- Numerous tours with both established and temporary ensembles.
- Soloist and artistic leader in performances of solo recorder and orchestra in several concerts and recordings – both audio and video.
- Baroque flutist in productions with baroque orchestras like Drottningholms Barockensemble, and other constellations around Sweden.
- Soloist with orchestra and principal violinist Rachel Podger, August 2015.
- Recorded 2 CD:s in her own name 2015, released during 2016.